Adapted from Civilized Caveman Cooking
- 1/2 cup (60 g) raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (60 g) raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup (150 g) almond meal
- 1 cup (75 g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups (120 g) almonds chopped or slivered
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (180 g) 100% raw organic honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
Image shows two batches - the top using honey and the bottom with maple syrup. Can't decide which I like more!
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, honey or maple syrup and vanilla. Microwaving for 20-30 seconds will help to mix it.
- Pour your wet ingredients over the seed and nut mixture and mix well to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir to break up and continue to bake for 10- 15 additional minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove and let cool (it will develop its crunchiness as it cools).