- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 g) almond or other nut butter
- 1/4 cup (90 g) raw honey or unsulphered molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup (40 g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (25 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 - 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (65 g) chopped walnuts or pecan
- Adds as desired - berries, chocolate chips, raisins etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a muffin pan with coconut oil, or use muffin papers.
2. Place bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash until chunky.
3. Add the eggs, honey or molasses, vanilla and nut butter. Mix until fully combined.
4. Stir in the coconut flour, coconut, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Fold in the nuts and any other adds, if using.
Spoon batter into muffin pans and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes approx. 18 muffins.
Adapted from Kate Real Food RN