Adapted from Paleo Grubs
- 5 large bell peppers
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground beef or turkey
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 3 - 4 tbsp tomato paste (I like more tomato flavor and add a 6 oz (195 g) can)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for serving if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a small baking dish with coconut oil spray. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the stems and very top of the peppers off, removing the seeds. Place in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the water and drain face-down on a paper towel.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Stir in the meat, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until browned. Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook until the zucchini is tender. Drain any juices from the pan.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the tomato paste. Place the peppers upright in the baking dish and spoon the meat mixture into the center of each. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with chopped parsley, if desired.