Adapted from The Whole Journey
- 1 heaping cup (150 g) raw cashews, soaked for one hour and then drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or a vanilla bean, split and scraped.
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter (found near the nut butters in the baking aisle of health food stores)
- ½ teaspoon dark-liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup (235 ml) coconut milk, almond milk or water (I prefer the milks)
- Optional toppings - chocolate chips, carob chips, cinnamon, berries
Place all ingredient in a food processor and blend until smooth. Unless using a large food processor, I recommend starting with about half the water, blending and then add the remaining water until smooth. Refrigerate and serve cool, as is or topped.