Lots of options with this! Optional sliced mushrooms shown in the photo
- 1 pound (450 g) greens, stems removed and cleaned - I like a combination of kale, swiss chard and spinach (often available pre-packaged as "power greens"
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced (optional)
- 3-4 large cremini mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable stock or water
- Salt and pepper
- red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- sliced almonds, toasted
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and or mushrooms, if using, and cook until just tender. Add the stock and greens and toss to combine. Saute for several minutes and continue to cook, stirring until the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add splash of vinegar or lemon juice and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Make a complete vegetaring meal by serving over brown rice or quinoa.