Adapted from The Candida Diet.com
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1-2 large handfuls of your favorite vegetables, cut into thin strips or diced
- 2-3 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced (I use chicken which I've previously cooked and shredded and wait to add until step 3)
- 2 cups (475 ml) coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- Cooked brown rice, rice or quinoa
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and vegetables and sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add curry paste to vegetables and cook, stirring to incorporate, for about 1 minute. Add sliced chicken, sauté for another minute.
- Add coconut milk, bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add basil leaves, reserving a few for garnish. Serve with cooked brown rice or quinoa.