The ingredients for this recipe are the same as my Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe. One day though, I was short on time and got creative, turning Stuffed into Unstuffed and a one-pot dish, ready in about 30 minutes.
- 4-5 large bell peppers, diced (a food processor is great for this)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground beef or turkey
- 1 large zucchini, diced (I often use a zucchini and a yellow squash)
- 3 - 4 tbsp tomato paste (I like more tomato flavor and add a 6 oz (195 g) can)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for serving if desired
- Heat the coconut oil in a dutch over over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until it begins to soften. Stir in the beef or turkey and cook until browned.
- Add the diced peppers and cook until the peppers start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, zucchini and tomato paste, stir well, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the zucchini is tender to your taste, 10 -15 min.
- Sprinkled with chopped parsley, if desired.