This is a modified version of my grain-free Zucchini Banana Bread, that is also nut-free for those allergic or sensitive to tree nuts. It's delicious for anyone!
- 1 ½ cups (140 g) flax seed meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup (150 g) grated zucchini, water blotted out
- 1/4 cup (40 g) raisins
- 1/3 cup (45 g) pumpkin seeds, toasted
• Optional: handful of chocolate chips or a tablespoon of cocoa nibs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a muffin pan with coconut oil, or one large loaf pan.
2. Combine the flax meal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Combine the eggs, honey, vanilla, banana and oil in another bowl. Mix well and add the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined
4. Fold in the zucchini, raisins, pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips or nibs if using. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each tin 1/4 full, or into a loaf pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and set (for a loaf bake for 30 - 35 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.