Modified from A Clean Bake. True confession - what I love most about these is the batter. I can (and do) eat it with a spoon. No guilt.
- 2 large or 4 small very ripe bananas, mashed or pureed until smooth (about 1 1/2 cups or 355 ml puree)
- 1/2 cup (135 g) natural nut butter. (I used almond. Peanut would be delicious.)
- 1/2 cup (50 g) good quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- coarse sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to thoroughly combine all ingredients, except the sea salt, until the batter is smooth.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough onto a greased or lined cookie sheet (I use a silpat mat), about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cookies lose their sheen. Allow to cool and set on the cookie sheets for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
NOTE: baking time will vary based on moisture content of the bananas and nut butter.