Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes 25 truffles (unless you’re like me and tasting as you go…)
- 1 cup (100 g) raw cacao powder (cocoa powder will work also)
- 1 cup (150 g) cashews
- ½ cup (118 ml) maple syrup
- Water (to mix)
- Roll-in ingredients: shredded coconut, chopped nuts, chocolate nibs, raw sugar, cacao powder, ginger, or something else you love.
- Mix nuts in a food processor until a powder, adding enough water to create a thick paste. (I often use nut butter and haven’t needed the water.)
- Add maple syrup to nuts and pulse to process.
- Add cacao powder. Pulse to process.
- Refrigerate for four hours or overnight for best results.
- Form teaspoon-sized balls of dough and coat with your chosen roll-in ingredients.