Adapted from fitfoodiefinds.com
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (170 g) apple sauce, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (75 g) almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Berries, nuts or other toppings as you choose. Delicious with blueberries.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add applesauce, maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract and coconut oil and whisk well.
- Blend in almond meal and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Heat pan to low/medium and add pancake batter.
- Let cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side, or until firm enough to flip. Be patient - wait until pancakes appear dry on the edges.
- Cook the second side for around 2-3 minutes or until fully cooked.