- 1 can (13.5 ounce/400 ml) full fat coconut milk
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup (50 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (400 g) maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
Toppings as desired - chocolate sauce, berries, toasted coconut, toasted nuts (or all of them)
- Add the avocado and coconut milk to a food processor/blender and pulse together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blending for about 2 minutes until smooth and incorporated, scraping down the bowl once.
Ice Cream Maker
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set up before freezing.
- Freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer's instructions for your machine.
No Ice Cream Maker
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer and allow to freeze for 1 hour.
- Whisk slightly every 20 minutes to avoid it getting too icy for 3-4 hours. It should be getting thicker after each whisking, until it's firm enough to scoop.
Serve immediately or if freezing first, thaw for 5-10 minutes before scooping.