- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (72 g) cocoa or cacao butter
- 1 cup (~100 g) cocoa powder
- 2 - 4 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- liquid stevia, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- Crushed organic peppermint candies (optional)
- Another delicious optional combo - orange extract with orange zest
Melt cocoa/cacao butter on lowest temp possible, just until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut oil, cocoa powder, choice of sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Taste! If desired, add more sweetener or stevia. Taste again!
When at desired level of sweetness, pour in a parchment lined 8x8 (~20 x 20 cm) inch pan, ice cube trays or silicone candy molds and place in the freezer. If adding candies or zest, remove after 10 minutes and sprinkle crushed candies or zest and return to the freezer for 5 additional minutes. This allows the candy not to melt or sink into the chocolate. After 15 minutes total, the candy should be firm enough to remove. Store in the freezer and enjoy often!