Modified from Dr. Mark Hyman Dessert Ideas for Social Gatherings
- 1 can (13 1/2 oz, 400 ml) unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 24 large frozen strawberries (approx 2 heaping cups)
- 10 drops stevia, or to taste (optional)
The original recipe had no added sweetener and I found it needed a bit, so I added 10 drops of stevia.
Chill the freezer bowl of an ice cream maker in the freezer for at least 2 hours before making the ice cream. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high-speed until the strawberries are fully broken down and the mixture is creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to the chilled ice cream bowl and start the machine. Once churned, you can enjoy it immediately (a soft-serve textureA) or place it in the freezer until firm, 2 to 3 hours. Remove 10-15 minutes prior to serving to allow it to soften.