Grain - free! And yes, this is the correct ingredient list - no flours or meals at all. It puffs up beautifully just like a blonde brownie.
- 1 cup (250 g) almond butter (or nut butter of choice; can also substitute sunflower butter for nut-free)
- 1/3 cup (113 g) honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (yes, a tablespoon, not a teaspoon)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (90 g) dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup (50 g) coconut flakes, unsweetened
- optional - a small handful of chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 (180°) degrees
- In a large bowl, mix nut butter and honey, until blended well
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in baking soda and powder
- Blend in coconut flakes and chocolate chips
- Scrape contents into an ungreased (preferably glass) 8" (20 x 20 cm) square baking dish and smooth into the pan
- Bake for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with dry crumbs. 18 minutes works great for me - best not to overbake.
Note: The dough will be firm and sticky. Don't worry, it will come together when baked!