Marinade can also be used with chicken or pork
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cloves chopped garlic, optional
2-3 pieces cod or other mild fish
In a container large enough for the fish, combine all marinade ingredients and stir well. Add fish, coating both sides, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Remove fish, and bake, broil or grill until flakey (internal temp of 145°F/63°C).