- 1 cup walnuts
- Broccoli - one head, trim and cut into florets and bite-sized stem pieces
- Zucchini - 1 large or 2 small/medium, zoodled, spiraled or cut into thin pieces.
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used lemon-infused)
- sea salt and pepper
- Spices/herbs to taste - I used fresh basil
- Optional - cooked protein, such as chicken, pork and/or bacon
- Place broccoli in a large skillet with touch of water, cover and steam over med. heat for 3-5 minutes, until bright in color and still firm.
- Add zucchini. Mix well, cover and steam 1-2 minutes.
- Remove cover and saute with a tablespoon or so of EVOO (lemon infused is a great option) until desired tenderness.
- Season with sea salt, fresh-ground pepper, and other spices or herbs as desired (red pepper, garlic etc.). I added fresh minced basil leaves.
- Top with toasted walnuts and protein, if desired
- We also added crisp crumpled bacon - awesome