Adapted from Food Network
A much healthier version than that traditional rice treat. Fun to experiment with and add nuts, use a seed butter or to add other dried fruits.
- 1/2 cup (170 g) raw organic honey
- 1/2 cup (125 g) peanut or almond butter (natural preferred)
- 5 - 6 cups (150 -180 g) crispy brown rice cereal (I used Erewhon brand)
- 2/3 cup (85 g) chopped dried cherries or cranberries (3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (85 g) dark chocolate chips (they can be difficult to find - you can substitute a chopped dark chocolate bar)
Combine honey and nut butter in a large pot and heat over medium-low heat until melted, about 2-3 minutes. Add brown rice cereal, dried fruit and chocolate and stir thoroughly to combine. Press into a 9 by 13-inch (approx. 33 x 23 cm) pan lined with parchment or rubbed with coconut oit. Let cool, then chill for 30 minutes. Cut and serve!