adapted from ambitiouskitchen.com
- 1 cup (240 g) tahini
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (80 g) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (35 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- handful of dark chocolate chips
Optional - a handful of nuts, dried cherries, flaked coconut.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C) . Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with coconut oil or line with parchment (pictured above).
- In a large bowl, combine the tahini, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth and well combined. Gently fold in cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt and baking soda until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips into the batter. This batter will be thick and somewhat sticky.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan. Bake for 22-26 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Do not overbake!
- Optional: as pictured above, after brownies have cooled a few minutes, sprinkle with additional chocolate chips or drizzle with melted chocolate.