Adapted from Costco Connection
- 1/4 cup (55 g) coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (135 g) chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons (13 g) flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons (18 g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (250 g) almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup (50 g) toasted pecans, finely chopped
Melt coconut oil and 1/4 cup (45 g) chocolate chips on stovetop (or microwave 30 seconds), stirring well to combine. Add remaining ingredients, except the reserved chocolate chips and pecans, and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 350°F (180° C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment or use a silicone mat. Roll dough into 24 balls, place on the sheet and gently flatten (I use a small glass). Bake 10 minutes and allow to cool.
Melt remaining chocolate chips and spread on cooled cookies. Sprinkle with pecans. Let set and serve.