- Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- Avocado oil (or other high smoke point oil)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (or to taste)
- Pinch cayenne (red) pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Spices - turmeric, garlic, fennel - experiment and have fun.
Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C). Blend spices in a small mixing bowl. Using hands, coat squash with oil, sprinkle with spices and place on a large baking sheet. I prefer not to crowd - use a second sheet if necessary - to allow for more even cooking and more crisp exterior.
Bake 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until desired tenderness.